If you’re an active person who goes hard (and is never home), you may find that CBD could be your superpower source of strength, energy, and recovery. Athletes and people who exercise regularly put more strain on their bodies than the rest of the population, and their bodies need unique solutions to heal and restore. There’s a reason why even professional athletes are utilizing CBD in their routines for performance enhancement.
What can CBD do for athletes?
There are a number of conditions that arise when working the body so intensely, including inflammation, joint pain, and muscle soreness. Along with reducing inflammation and chronic pain, CBD can also help athletes improve their sleep and ease their performance stress. Among the many benefits of CBD for athletes, there are a few primary ways CBD is used:
- To reduce pain. CBD can help to reduce pain during the workout as well as after. The cannabis plant has powerful natural analgesic or pain-relieving properties that has been recognized for centuries. It can ease the pain from muscle aches, sore joints, and even older injuries.
- To reduce inflammation. Hard exercise causes inflammation of the joints and other areas, and CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties help athletes to recover faster and avoid delayed muscle soreness, which drastically improves training. We have a patented Inflammation Blend that supports this function daily.
- To reduce spasms. Most active people are familiar with that twitch that comes from being dehydrated. Injured athletes who have muscle sprains or nerve damage also experience these muscle spasms. CBD’s antispasmodic properties can help to manage these spasms.
- To reduce lean muscle breakdown. CBD’s anti-catabolic properties help reduce the breakdown of lean muscle tissue, which in turn helps build more muscle mass. CBD also helps regulate the stress hormone cortisol, and which breaks down muscle tissue while supplying the body with blood sugar.
- To decrease nausea. Some athletes will feel nausea due to blood flow being diverted from the stomach. Because CBD contains anti-emetic properties, it can help stop these effects.
- To increase energy. CBD can actually help athletes focus and gain energy. One of our most popular products is our oral energy strips, which are designed with a convenient, highly bio-available on-the-go formula that combines the power of CBD and Natural Green Tea Caffeine, leaving you alert and focused for up to 8 hours.
- To improve sleep quality. Sleepy time is just as important as gym time for athletes, as that is when bodies repair and refresh. CBD supports healthy sleep cycles without the side effects of drowsiness.
Why it’s the go-to choice for athletes
CBD is a widely chosen option for athletes who want the benefits of the cannabis plant, without the psychoactive side effects. Unlike THC, which is the cannabinoid that causes “the high” or euphoric effect, CBD doesn’t impair memory or focus, and is non-habit forming. As a reminder, under the 2018 Farm Bill hemp-derived CBD is federally legal as hemp does
not contain any psychoactive cannabinoids. When you’re shopping for CBD, source it from a trusted provider that is 3rd party lab tested to ensure the product you are getting is pure. At Full Spectrum Zen, we produce ultra-concentrated hemp CBD that is grown and harvested by OBX under the supervision of the Kentucky State Department of Agriculture.
How to take CBD
If you’re new to the world of CBD and are using it to enhance your athletic performance, start with a low dose and don’t take it directly before any competitions. Once your body gets used to it and you get a feel for its effects, you can learn the best dosage for your body. You’ll also see that there are a variety of types of products on the market, such as tinctures, capsules, and topicals. While tinctures and capsules are ingested, topicals are able to be applied to specific areas and are a top choice for relieving pain. Full Spectrum Zen offers a trial size topical, so you can test it out at home and see if it works for you, with a 30-day money back guarantee.
As with any medication or dietary supplement, please consult your physician first. CBD is not intended for people under the age of 18 or to take while pregnant or nursing.
If you’re ready to take your fitness to the next level with these revolutionary CBD products, we invite you to take a look at our full catalog to see what piques your interest.