CBD, short for cannabidiol, has been making waves in the health and wellness industry for its numerous potential benefits. But did you know that its uses go far beyond just promoting relaxation or reducing anxiety? Take a look at the many unexpected ways that CBD can be used:
- Has potential to lower intraocular pressure and provide relief to people with glaucoma.
- Acts as a therapeutic for eye health due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and neuroprotective properties
- Mollifies symptoms of restless leg syndrome.
- Lightens the pain from endometriosis by reducing inflammation.
- Its analgesic properties may assist in alleviating migraine pain and reducing the frequency and intensity of migraine attacks.
- Treats the pain caused by fibromyalgia.
- Helps to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Curtails inflammation of the liver.
- Helps minimize joint inflammation to aid in arthritis treatment.
- Assists in reducing bouts of chronic pain.
- CBD-infused suppositories claim to help with menstrual cramps, pelvic pain, and other conditions.
Brain Health & Function
- Promotes mental and physical relaxation, boosting brain function.
- CBD’s potential ability to reduce anxiety and improve social interaction may quell some of the symptoms associated with autism spectrum disorder.
- May lessen inflammation and oxidative stress in the brain to further prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Scales down symptoms associated with Tourette’s syndrome.
- Sleep aid for those with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Can decrease psychotic symptoms to aid those suffering from schizophrenia.
- May elevate memory.
- Research shows CBD may improve cerebral blood flow, which could reduce the risk of stroke.
- An effective treatment option for certain forms of epilepsy.
- Aids in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Relieves symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Aids in regeneration and may ease suffering from traumatic brain injury.
Hair & Skin Health
- Has been shown to promote a healthy scalp and, in turn, encourage hair growth.
- Its sebum-reducing properties help alleviate acne symptoms and prevent future breakouts.
- Encourages healthy skin.
- Eases itching and irritation associated with various skin conditions.
- Aids in sunburn relief.
- Incorporate it into your water-based or oil-based lubricant for increased pleasure.
- Enhances the efficacy of tattoo aftercare.
- Get an extra-relaxing massage by adding CBD to your favorite oil.
- Mix some in with your lip balm or lotion to potentially help soothe and moisturize chapped lips and skin.
Anxiety / Stress Health / Sleep
- Eases depression.
- Alleviates anxiety and minimizes bouts of moodiness, anger and impulsiveness.
- Studies have shown CBD helps minimize bouts from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Maintains a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Can relieve motion sickness by interacting with the serotonin-releasing receptors in the brain.
- Acts as anti-inflammatory relief for ulcers.
- Promotes better blood pressure for those with hypertension.
- Has properties that may lessen symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Can prevent PTSD-related nightmares.
- Add it to your pillow spray to help promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
- Try a CBD-infused candle for aromatherapy and relaxation.
- Can be used in soothing bath salts or bath bombs.
- Certain clothing brands are incorporating CBD into their fabrics, claiming that it can help soothe skin and promote relaxation.
- Helps improve mobility and athletic performance.
- Reduces muscle spasms.
- Helps improve lung function.
- Helps with multiple sclerosis by diminishing muscle spasticity.
- Mix CBD (tinctures) with water and spray on a yoga mat to help increase relaxation and reduce stress during yoga sessions.
- Stimulates bone growth and helps improve bone density.
- Get an extra kick by mixing CBD with your energy drink.
Digestive / Body Wellness
- Helps scale down oral inflammation, prevent plaque formation and further overall dental health.
- Add it to your toothpaste to really up the ante on your dental routine.
- Research shows that CBD has antiviral properties that can prevent herpes breakouts and reduce cold sores.
- Assists in lowering blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- CBD has been studied for its potential to curtail inflammation and modulate the immune system, making it a promising option for those suffering from hepatitis, as research suggests that it may be able to reduce symptoms and aid in the healing process.
- Helps depress inflammation of the intestines.
- May lessen cholesterol levels.
- Aids in healthy digestion.
- Weakens symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Amplifies liver health.
- Reduces the risk of artery blockage.
- Stimulates recovery outcomes for people with spinal cord injuries by reducing inflammation and promoting neural regeneration.
- Prevents the growth of tumors.
- Enhances heart health markers and reduces oxidative stress which can assist in preventing heart disease.
- May have properties that lower blood pressure.
- Lowers the intensity of symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
- May have the ability to stimulate cancer cell death to reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Boosts blood flow in the ears which can help with tinnitus.
- Promotes healthy circulation.
- Sharpens lung function which could aid those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Aids in the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- May lower bladder discomfort to relieve symptoms of interstitial cystitis.
- Maintains healthy kidneys.
- May counteract symptoms of Meniere’s disease.
- Pares down cough and respiratory symptoms to aid with bronchitis.
- Promotes healthy gallbladder function.
- Progresses healthy thyroid function.
- May dwindle down fibroid tumors.
- Can correct symptoms of Lyme disease.
- Refines blood flow to assist in the treatment of Raynaud’s disease.
- Cultivates healthy adrenal gland function.
- May truncate pain associated with chronic pancreatitis.
- Can help to moderate symptoms of chronic kidney disease.
- Stir it in foods, recipes and cooking oil to support healthy digestion.
Immunity / Anti-Aging
- Improves immune function.
- A great addition to anti-aging cream.
Sexual Health / Weight Management
- Enhances sexual pleasure.
- Aids weight loss by stimulating genes and proteins that break down fat cells to reduce the amount of new fat cells that are generated.
- Boosts libido by increasing blood flow to tissues, which increases sensitivity and promotes the body’s own natural lubricants.
- Can assuage anxiety, cravings, and other symptoms associated with drug withdrawal to support addiction recovery.
- Provides a natural way to manage addiction in the reduction of cravings for nicotine.
House / Home / Pets
- CBD oil has been used as an ingredient in fishing bait, as it may help attract fish and promote a healthy aquatic environment.
- Some companies have started incorporating CBD into cleaning products such as soaps and detergents, utilizing CBD’s antibacterial properties.
- A pet food additive or as a supplement to promote appetite and alleviate anxiety.
- Can supplement as bug bite relief.
- CBD has been added to snacks like popcorn, candy, and even potato chips, for the benefit of providing relaxation and anxiety relief, minimizing stress eating.
- Use it as a natural pest repellent for plants and may help improve soil quality.
- In a cocktail – go on, you deserve it! CBD encourages relaxation without clouding your senses.
CBD has been studied extensively by some of the most reputable organizations and institutions including the Mayo Clinic, Harvard, the National Institute of Health, Mount Sinai, and the CDC.
Research has shown this powerful natural ingredient has immense benefits for pain, anxiety, mobility and inner/outer body wellness. At Full Spectrum Zen, we are dedicated to providing high-quality CBD products that are designed to enhance your wellness journey. There are 100+ ways to incorporate CBD into your own life and reap the rewards. Whether you’re looking for CBD oil, capsules, or topicals, we have a wide range of options to suit your needs. So take the first step towards a healthier and happier you starting with expert-vetted recommendations on premium CBD products to help get you started. Remember, small changes can lead to big results, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
***CBD products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. Also, some of these uses may be hypothetical / undergoing scientific analysis and not yet fully supported by scientific evidence.